Right of withdrawal
If you are acting as a consumer, you have the right to withdraw from this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason
The withdrawal period is fourteen days from the day,
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken or has taken possession of the goods, provided that you have ordered one or more goods as part of a uniform order and these are or will be delivered uniformly;
- on the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken or has taken possession of the last goods, if you have ordered several goods as part of a uniform order and these are delivered separately;
- on the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken or has taken possession of the last partial consignment or the last piece, if you have ordered goods which are delivered in several partial consignments or pieces;
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us (Demotex GmbH, Hammer Str. 64, 45239 Essen, telephone number: 020136577485, fax number: 020136577486, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org) by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from this contract. You can use the attached model cancellation form for this purpose, which is, however, not mandatory.
To comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Consequences of cancellation
If you withdraw from this contract, we must repay you all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), without delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of your withdrawal from this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used in the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged any fees because of this repayment.
We may refuse to refund you until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to us or to Demotex GmbH, -Lager-, Schlachthofstraße 8, 42651 Solingen, Germany, without undue delay and in any case no later than fourteen days from the day on which you notify us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the expiry of the period of fourteen days.
You shall bear the direct costs of returning goods that can be sent by parcel post and the direct costs of returning goods that cannot be sent by parcel post. The costs for goods that cannot be sent by parcel post are estimated at a maximum of approximately 500 EUR.
You only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to handling the goods in a way that is not necessary for checking their condition, properties and functioning.
Reasons for exclusion or expiry
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts
- for the delivery of goods which are not prefabricated and for the manufacture of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the consumer's personal needs;
- for the supply of goods which may spoil quickly or whose expiry date would be quickly exceeded;
- for the supply of alcoholic beverages the price of which was agreed at the time of the conclusion of the contract but which cannot be supplied until at least 30 days after the conclusion of the contract and the current value of which depends on fluctuations in the market over which the trader has no control;
- for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of withdrawal expires early in the case of contracts
- for the delivery of sealed goods that are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene if their seal has been removed after delivery;
- for the delivery of goods if these have been inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery due to their nature;
- for the delivery of sound or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package, if the seal has been removed after delivery.
Sample cancellation form
(If you wish to cancel the contract, please complete and return this form)
- To Demotex GmbH, Hammer Str. 64, 45239 Essen, fax number: 020136577486, e-mail address: email@example.com :
- I/we (*) hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)/
the provision of the following service (*)
- Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
- Name of the consumer(s)
- Address of the consumer(s)
- Signature of consumer(s) (only if notice is on paper)
(*) Delete where inapplicable.